Tuesday, February 6, 2007

the youngest hour

It's almost 1 AM in Bucharest and what am I doing? working, and yes, just opened a beer and while listening a good selection of international music I'm trying to finish an assignment for an Assessment Center from almost 10 days ago. I experienced today some first reactions to my decision to come to Pakistan :) My mom just went home from Bucharest and told her boss how wonderful was our mini-vacation in Bratislava and Vienna and told him that I'm considering going to Pakistan for half a year, his reaction? extraordinary :)) happy for me and encouraging for my mom, wonderful man. Soon more reactions to come :D
As the day passed I did another small step to Pakistan, I booked a flight and Delia talked to the consulate here in Romania -- actually I am meeting her tomorrow to plan everything in detail -- and I also did my sponsorship letter and have some ideas about some target companies or people to approach with my request. So, slowly, things are moving forward.
Another interesting thing happen today, as you might know, or not, I posted a message on the forum of AIESEC in Lahore introducing myself in a few words and leaving there some contact details for who's interested in meeting me before actually landing in Lahore, and today, a guy added me in his list on MSN and I found out he is also an alumni of AIESEC, he was VP X in Dubai and that currently he runs his own business. Wow, so many things in one day.
To bother you with more work related issues? just one -- I'm experiencing now that cost of opportunity I learned about in faculty, I've been given the opportunity to travel in the next two months to Budapest, Prague and Moscow -- unfortunatelly and luckely I will be in Lahore that time -- but this is how life's going, as my friend Delia told me these past days, the biggest enemy of "best" is "good" -- hopefully I'm getting rid of "good" to find in Lahore "best" or at least its first step.
I'm stoping now, still have some work to do :)
same aura

No comments: